Using traditional text input
is shown on the top right of the display when you are writing text
using traditional text input.
Copyright © 2004 Nokia. All rights reserved.
• Press a number key (
), repeatedly until the desired character appears.
Note that there are more characters available for a number key than are printed on the
indicate the selected case.
means that the
first letter of the next word is written in upper case, and all other letters will
automatically be written in lower case.
indicates number mode.
• To insert a number, press and hold the number key.
To switch between letter and number mode, press and hold
• If the next letter is located on the same key as the present one, wait until the cursor
appears (or press
to end the time-out period), and then key in the letter.
• If you make a mistake, press
to remove a character. Press and hold
more than one character.
• The most common punctuation marks are available under
repeatedly to reach the desired punctuation mark.
to open a list of special characters. Use the scroll key to move through the
list and press
to select a character.
• To insert a space, press
. To move the cursor to the next line, press
• To switch between upper and lower case, press