You can make a phone call by saying a voice tag that has been added to a contact card.
Any spoken word(s) can be a voice tag.
• When recording, hold the phone at a short distance away from your mouth. After the
starting tone, clearly pronounce the word, or words, you want to record as a voice tag.
Before using voice tags, note that:
• Voice tags are not language-dependent. They are dependent on the speaker's voice.
• You must say the name exactly as you said it when you recorded it.
• Voice tags are sensitive to background noise. Record voice tags and use them in a quiet
• Very short names are not accepted. Use long names and avoid similar names for
Note: Using voice tags may be difficult in a noisy environment or during an
emergency, so you should not rely solely upon voice dialling in all circumstances.
Adding a voice tag to a phone number
Voice tags can only be added to phone numbers stored in the phone’s memory.
“Copying contacts between the SIM card and phone memory” on page 23.
1 In the Contacts main view, scroll to the contact that you want to add a voice tag to,
to open the contact card.
2 Scroll to the number that you want to add the voice tag to, and select
to record a voice tag. After the starting tone, clearly pronounce the word(s)
you want to record as a voice tag.
4 After recording, the phone plays the recorded tag and the note
Playing voice tag
5 When the voice tag has been successfully saved, the note
Voice tag saved
and a beep sounds. A symbol
can be seen next to the number in the contact card.
Copyright © 2004 Nokia. All rights reserved.
Making a call by saying a voice tag
1 In standby mode, press and hold
. A short tone is played and the note
2 When you are making a call by using a voice tag, hold the phone at a short distance
away from your mouth and face and pronounce the voice tag clearly.
3 The phone plays the original voice tag, displays the name and number, and after a few
seconds dials the number of the recognised voice tag.
• If the phone plays the wrong voice tag, or you want to retry voice dialling, press
Voice dialling cannot be used when a data call or a GPRS connection is active.